Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Favorite Song This Time Last Year

Took me a few minutes to think of this, but it became clear once I actually thought of March 2010 (Okay, so it's not exactly March yet, but whatever). The Versant EP was rumored to have landed on March 14, 2010 for whatever reason. A few weeks preceding the alleged CD release, the song Quick Escapes was released, which landed itself as the first song on a CD I used in my car until whenever I purchased Jewel's Goodbye Alice in Wonderland album sometime in the spring. It was the demo version, so it sounded a bit low quality, but it definitely filled the Versant void needed to last until the actual release of their EP in September.

Since I have already used Quick Escapes in one of my earlier blogs, though, I am going to go with a single Jewel recorded for the Valentine's Day (the movie) soundtrack, called Stay Here Forever. It's a quirky, upbeat love song that I could relate to at this time last year, plus it was just silly enough not to take so seriously that I overplayed it and got sick of it in two weeks.

Jewel - Stay Here Forever


PS. this was the last blog of the 30 day challenge, but I intend on popping on whenever something is on my mind...musically or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment