Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Song That Tells A Good Story

Okay, okay, this isn't the topic I should be doing, but I don't listen to the radio, so I don't know a song I often hear on the radio, so I changed it. I think contemporary ballad songs are hard to come by, and because of that, it'd be cool to point out the ones that do! My first choice is an unreleased song by Jewel about a middle-class suburban family with all it's troubles, and the other is a Shiny Toy Guns song about Jackie Kennedy (I know, cool idea, right?). The STG song really sparked my interest the first time I heard it, so I did a bit of research on it. The whole idea of the song is really neat, in my opinion. Who would ever think to write a song about something that happened such a long time ago (the band didn't even exist until about 2005) and write about it from such an unusual perspective? They basically blame Jackie Kennedy for letting John F. Kennedy Jr. go on the plane that crashed and killed him along with his wife and others. Not sure if she could have actually done much of anything about it, or if she was against it for some reason, I haven't researched that much into it, but it sure is an interesting standpoint on the issue. Good job, Jeremy Dawson for writing that song!

Shiny Toy Guns - Jackie Will Save Me

Jewel - Boy Needs A Bike No, the "By Matty" isn't me. But the only comment on it is mine =P

No comments:

Post a Comment