Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Song Nobody Would Expect Me To Love

Well, this is a little tricky, since I feel like even though this is a bit unexpected, it still fits the style of music I like. Anyway, I guess I remember hearing this song in the car ever since I was little, but it didn't occur to me until recently to look it up again. For whatever reason, I decided I wanted to hear it a few months ago, and I always keep it in the back of my head whenever I get bored with my music. The lyrics in this song are pretty amazing, just because it's jam-packed with allusions and people and all sorts of other references, (allusions that actually need to thought about, not just laid right out there bluntly, like almost every song nowadays [but that might just be because I wasn't alive when it was written]) not to mention it's got like ten verses. Anyway, I do, in fact, love this song. The rhyme scheme is awesome, not forced in my opinion, and it's not dressed up in crazy background music that takes away from the song. I present Don McLean's American Pie.

Don McLean - American Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment